Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Prost: Deutsche Bier! - Cheers: German Beer!

Out of request I have put together all of the beers that I have tried while being in Germany. So here are most of them, with some commentary and some have a picture to go along with it!


This one is a Berliner Pilsner which was my first beer in Germany (Also my first alcohol purchase). I liked it a lot. 


This one is Warsteiner which despite the cool glass it came in, I did not like it, I thought it was to bitter. 

This one is a Berliner Kindl  which was cheap and bearable, but I was not impressed. 
Another one that I tried, but there are no photographs is Becks original , I also didn’t like this one at all, I actually ended up giving it to one of my friends because it was so disgusting

Bitburger was all right, I was able to live through it. 

Here is a Rathaus Pils which I found bearable


Something else that I became fond of is a Radler, which is a mix between a Pils beer and lemonade. I think it is very refreshing and is nice to have on a summers evening chilling out with people. 
Becks Ice Lime and Mint, which I liked a lot, simmilar  to a Radler
Becks Green Lemon, also similar to a Radler

A German friend recommended this beer to me when I went to Munich and I really liked it. It is the Augustiner Edelstoff and I actually got it at the brewery in Munich.  



The last trip I got to take my students on was a trip to a brewery in Donaueschingen called Fürstenberg. After a tour of the brewery we could try three different Fürstenberg beers. 


Round one was the  Fürstenberg Pils, which was bearably bitter 

Round two was the Edelbrau, which I liked better than the Pils, because it wasn't bitter. 

Round three was the alcohol free Zitrus, which I thought tasted more like Sprite than a beer, but it wasn't bad for a "Frauengetrank"  

Prost! (German) = Serefe! (Turkish) = Cheers! (English)

No comments:

Post a Comment