Sunday, August 19, 2012

Precious German Moments

Little Moments during my Internship of either misinterpretation or general German nerdiness.....

  • My boss was actually trying to tell me, to tell Anthony something.....
Die über Chefin: Madeline können sie Anthony sagen? (how I interpreted it: Can you say Anthony?)
Me (denken): Ja natürlich kann ich Anthony sagen...... (Me thinking: of course I can say Anthony....)
  • In this case the computer was being slow, and so I told Sven that the computer likes me more (because it had been working fine for me before).
 Me: Ich denke, dass der Computer mich mochte (I think the computer likes me more)
Sven: Ja, it must be masculine, and that is why it hates me...of course its male it's der Computer!
  • Skypeing with my mom and dad and they told me that they were going to try to skype me in to my brother's graduation party
Me: okay so I have to be on around 10pm German time on Sunday....(look to go write it in my planner) wait that is when  the Germany vs. Denmark game is...this might be a tricky decision.
  •  


No comments:

Post a Comment